Adoption Stories of Bollywood
By : Priyanka Verma
A few decades back, adoption wasn’t very common and it was only considered as the last option if a couple were unable to have kids biologically. Thanks to our Bollywood celebrities, who have adopted kids and broken the societal norms. Another intriguing fact is that more and more single men and women from Bollywood are coming forward to enjoy parenthood through adoption.
These celebrities have adopted children irrespective of the fact whether they can or cannot produce kids biologically. Now that’s something we all should learn from. They wanted to become parents and they opted to adopt instead of going the biological way. It really is a win-win situation in which there is no increase in the population, a homeless child gets a family and you become a parent!
You might also like: Parenting Styles of Celebrities
Here are 5 Famous Bollywood Celebrities who have adopted kids:
- Raveena Tandon – This actress was perhaps the first one to take the bold step of adoption in the year 1995. She adopted two girls aged 8 (Chhaya) and 11 (Pooja) while she was unmarried and went on to become a single mother. She got married to Anil Thadani in 2004 and they have two children together – Rasha and Ranbir. Chhaya and Pooja are married now and Raveena became a grandmother in the year 2014 when her daughter Pooja gave birth to her baby.
- Subhash Ghai – Famous filmmaker Subhash Ghai adopted his youngest brother’s daughter Meghna. He kept her away from the film industry and media and even sent her to London for higher studies. She is now married to Rahul Puri and looks after Subhash Ghai’s Production House – Whistling Moods and his Acting Schools. Subhash Ghai also has a biological daughter who was born 27 years after his marriage with his wife Mukta Ghai.
- Sushmita Sen – This former Miss Universe and actress adopted her daughter Renee when she herself was just 25 years old. The procedure wasn’t easy and she had to fight a legal battle to adopt Renee. In 2009, Sushmita adopted another baby girl Alisah and faced opposition as Hindi Adoption and Maintenance Act forbids a person to adopt two kids of the same gender but Sushmita didn’t give up. Today, she is a proud mother of two gorgeous daughters. Both her daughters are beautiful and they have also walked on the ramp with her!
- Mithun Chakravarty – This veteran actor had three sons with his wife Yogita Bali and they adopted a baby girl who was found in a garbage bin. They named her Dishani and she is the most pampered kid amongst their kids. The four children share a beautiful bond.
- Preity Zinta – On her 34th birthday, this dimpled actress made headlines when she adopted 34 girls from Mother Miracle School, Rishikesh in the year 2009. Yes, 34 it is! She takes care of their upbringing, good and education and goes to meet them whenever she has time off from her acting schedules.
These celebs thought out of the box and did a very humane act!
Want to share your mommy experience with other moms through words or images? Become a part of the Moms United community. Click here and we will get in touch with you
Image Source: Google